Monday, December 17, 2012

Nutcracker

Last Wednesday (12/12/12) Lexi and I went to the Nutcracker by the New York City Ballet at the Lincoln Center.  Wow!  It was amazing!!  And right after we walked inside we saw Kelly Ripa walk up the stairs with her son.  I was so excited and talked to her for a minute in my starstruck jibber telling her i went to a live taping of her show and thought she was so cute, then she said Lexi was cute and we said goodbye.  My first and probably only time to talk to a celebrity!  I was a little dazed the rest of the show. But it was a fabulous show!  Lexi and I loved it.  



It was our first time at the Lincoln Center.  It is across the street from the Manhattan LDS Temple.  So fun to be there!  I still get bedazzled by everything in New York City.  Even after 18 months.




The ballet was breathtaking!  Such a fun time with Lexi.  Our seats were clear up on the 4th balcony, but we were on the side so we were practically overlooking the stage.  We could see really well.  It was awesome.  No pictures allowed in the auditorium so I googled some so we can remember our favorite parts.  During the ballet Lexi asked if she could please take ballet lessons again.  It made me want to take ballet too!  They are beyond talented and make it all look so easy and beautiful.



After the Nutcracker we shared a peppermint hot chocolate from Starbucks and then had a free hand treatment at a favorite store, Sabon.  Their lotion is amazing!  Everytime we walk by one (there are 12 in NYC) we have to go in and wash with their yummy soaps and try their lotion samples.  Even my boys like to!   

While we were walking we passed this screen where the little character would follow your movements.  Lexi loves dancing so we spent a few minutes here!  Cute.


And because we were walking this way to the subway we had to go in and see the Christmas stars at Time Warner.  They change colors and are humongous.  We went up on the 3rd floor so they were at eye level.  Favorite!


Such a fun night out with my daughter.  We giggled and a had a great time.  I love you Lexi Loo!

We don't get to do things like this very often without all the other kids, so it was especially fun.  Thank you to my wonderful husband who kept the other kids while we were gone and put them all to bed!  It was nice to get home to a peaceful house.


2 comments:

Amy said...

What a super fun and memorable time with Lexi! So glad that you guys got to do all that fun stuff together!!

Jim and Diane Jaspersen said...

WOW! that's awesome! I'm so jealous you get to do all the things you do! Aren't daughters fun! Especially as they grow up and turn into little friends!
Love you!